PROGRESSION

PROGRESSION




The dictionary defines "Progression" as a movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state. But what this definition leaves out is that progression is optional.

Although we progress through-out our lives in developmental stages; such as infancy and adolescence, we decide the course of our progression. It is within our choices. Change is inevitable, progression is a choice.

"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing what will be..." -Khalil Gibran

We often get caught up in our day to day routine and in the comfort of knowing what comes next.  This routine of knowing drives you absolutely stir-crazy, right? That feeling of anxiousness and boredom is a whisper from life that points you to a more advanced stage, hinting that this is not the correct situation for you at this time. We choose how far we progress in life, as well as in relationships with others. We also choose to stay EXACTLY where we are, if we decide. We can even choose to regress, which many do, leading to self mutilating circumstances. Not literally, but figuratively.

You get what you give. Progression requires effort, education, and maturity. You have to mature to a point where you make the CHOICE to progress towards a specific direction.

Progression is not easy. You have to have your ducks in a row before you can move forward. You must have the education to know where to go, the maturity to gather the required tools (and emotions), and last but not least the courage to apply the effort.

There are many other laws of the world (such as the Law of Attraction, which I have touched upon in a previous post) that come into play which assist you in progression or immobility.

Just like you, I am a student in this class of life. I am just doing my best to understand the laws of the world. We are all on a quest for happiness. Every day is a struggle, but I try my best to CHOOSE right, to CHOOSE progression, to CHOOSE maturity. It is not easy, and life will kick you in the teeth and knock you down. It is up to us whether or not we want to get up and keep moving forward.

Remember: you have control of your thoughts, feelings, and efforts. Do you choose to focus on the bad? Just remind yourself that you have the power to change. You can simply think a different thought, or partake in something that is going to uplift rather than hold you down.


I have been meditating, reading, writing, and expressing myself through every possible outlet. Trying my best to lift myself up. The company you keep is a very important key in progression. Look around. Are the people in your life people that are going to support and uplift you? Or are they going to beat you down? This is very important. I remind myself this every day. I try to keep poisonous people, and energies out of my life. I am surrounded by dreamers, who live every day as a thrilling adventure where anything is possible.

I remind myself that people such as Martin Luther King, Frank Sinatra, Ghandi, Oprah etc. are all ONE PERSON, who were born on the same earth just as you and I. One person can make a huge impact in the world. In this world anything is possible. There are no limitations in progression unless you give yourself boundaries that you cannot overcome. You choose how far you go in this lifetime. Your current situations and circumstances are mere products of the effort which you have put out into the universe. Was your effort used for the better, or worse? Are you satisfied with your results? If not, you are at least a step ahead of others. You at least know that you are not meant to be where you are. That gives a sense of direction. Take steps to progress towards a happier more fulfilling life.

Ultimately, I can say that I am much happier now than I ever was. I am happy with who I am and am satisfied with the cards I have been dealt. Perhaps I am not necessarily content with all of my current life situations, but am I supposed to be? If we were always content, we would never move forward or progress into another incredible level of life.

Strive for progression, not perfection...

Until next time...


NAMASTE
#STAYWOKE

Comments

Popular Posts